I feel sad for my 5 years 5 months 15 days old Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch Tablet as it’s getting laggy. I think my almost 3 years old MacMini is also part of the problem. (Thinking about getting a new computer by the end of this year, perhaps MacBook Pro or Surface Book, we shall see!) Anyway, i decided to order a new one, a Wacom Intuos Comic Creative Pen & Touch Small Tablet (Black). Its active area is 152 x 95 cm (6.0 x 3.7 inches). Included in the box are the tablet, pen, USB cable, 3 x replacement pen nibs, software download instructions/code, quick starter guide and installation CD. It would be better if a small soft case is included. I have to order the case separately, for 19.95 USD from Amazon. What make this ‘Comic’ one different from another versions (Draw, Art, Photo) is the downloadable software pack. It comes with a Comic Pack including: Clip Studio Paint Pro and Smith Micro Anime Studio. However, i haven’t try them out yet as i already have Manga Studio 5 installed on my current computer.
- reasonable and affortable price (4,050 THB or about 115 USD)
- smooth working surface with grid system (dots are printed on the surface)
- small and light, very portable to carry around (need to buy the case first)
- with 4 customisable shortcut keys which located above the working surface
- driver can be downloaded directly from the website and it’s easy to install
- need to spend extra for a wireless kit (38.77 USD on Amazon) and the case
- the pen doesn’t fit with the loop on the top side of the tablet (i was so surprised!)
I enjoy using it so far and i don’t mind the small size because all i’m doing is touching up my scanned handmade works. If you plan to use it mainly for digital art, i recommended the bigger one (medium size) instead.
Keep Calm and Be Creative!
Source: Tablet image is from http://www.reichelt.de/