The last time i went back home, i saw this book at Kinokuniya bookstore in Bangkok and really wanted it! I realised that i have to carry the giant book all the way back to the US, so i decided to come back and buy it here instead. I got it second-hand for 19.50 USD from Amazon. It came in a film canister liked tin box and the book cover is a photo of vintage film. The contents of the book are divided into 6 sections, as the following:
- The Story of Film: The history of film since 1895 to present and timeline
- How Movies are Made: Pre-production, Production and Post-production
- Movie Genres: Western, Musical, Comedy, Action, Animation etc.
- World Film: International movies from around the world, such as India’s Bollywood
- A-Z of Directors: Profiles of 100 of the world’s best movie directors, such as Alfred Hitchcock
- Top 100 Movies: The most influential movies of all time, such as King Kong, Gone with the Wind etc.
Btw, the contents are previously published in “Eyewitness Companions: Film”. If you already have that book, you don’t have to get this one because it’s basically the same with some new photos. Anyway, this book is recommended for film lovers and DK book collectors! 🙂
You can check out my top 10 favourite movies of all time here:
The Film Book: A Complete Guide to the World of Cinema
Author: Ronald Bergan
Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: DK Adult (2011)